About clinical standards
The clinical standards programme is overseen by the College's Clinical Standards Committee and aims to improve the quality of clinical practice by ensuring that it is evidence based, and that this evidence is well disseminated.
Our activities include:
- RCPCH guidelines and standards: Setting evidence based standards for paediatric practice
- Child Health Guidelines and Standards endorsed by RCPCH: Identifying and quality reviewing high quality guidelines produced by other organisations for dissemination.
- Consultations: Ensuring paediatric involvement in the development of national guidelines.
- Identifying and prioritising topics for guideline development by NICE and SIGN
- Supporting paediatricians to develop clinical standards that meet the College's criteria
- Clinical audit: Evaluating implementation of standards
- Supporting quality improvement projects
- Development of resouces to support evidence based practice
- Engagement with national bodies to agree upon and promote standards of excellence including NCC-WCH, NICE and SIGN.
For more information, comments or queries please contact the Clinical Standards Team:
Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health
5-11 Theobalds Road
London WC1X 8SH
Tel: 020 7092 6166 / 6175
Fax: 020 7092 6194
Associated Publications, Resources and Links
- About the National Paediatric Diabetes Audit
The primary aim of the NPDA is to examine the quality of care in children and young people with diabetes and their ...
- Stakeholder organisations
The following organisations have registered as project stakeholders or are partners in the National Epilepsy Audit: ...
- RCPCH approach
The College is designing and implementing a system to support specialist revalidation that will command the confidence ...
- Chairman's Welcome
Dear Colleagues, Welcome. As chair of the Academic Board, I have the privilege and ...
Revalidation is a new process of regulation for all doctors who practice medicine in the UK. Revalidation was outlined ...
- Roles and responsibilities
Paediatricians Comply with standards for revalidation relevant to their role and specialty. Undertake ...