The College recognises the importance of ensuring that services for children are designed to provide high quality care as close to home as possible.
National health policy changes, the proposed reforms to the NHS, changes to the way that doctors work and improvements in our understanding of disease mean that services need to adapt and respond to demands and needs.
Here you will find details of the College's work to model the future configuration of paediatric services, plus relevant policy news and resources to help our members, health service managers and the wider public understand the issues and considerations for service configuration, monitoring and development.
The following pages contain information about the latest service configuration updates.
- General paediatrics - standards of care for children and young people and modelling the future workforce
- Community services - resources and links for community paediatrics
- Emergency and urgent care - resources and links to support
- Networks for children's health services - find out more about managed clinical networks
- Clinical management - support for Clinical Directors and other paediatricians with management responsiblities.
- Informatics for quality - informatics information and guidance for healthcare professionals
You can also(PDF, 171KB, 3 pages) of the discussion that took place at the RCPCH's event Breaking the barriers to reconfiguration. The summary aims to capture the main barriers and key principles raised by the audience.
Please contact our Health Policy team for further detail.
Associated Publications, Resources and Links
- Stakeholder organisations
The following organisations have registered as project stakeholders or are partners in the National Epilepsy Audit: ...
- Chairman's Welcome
Dear Colleagues, Welcome. As chair of the Academic Board, I have the privilege and ...
- British National Formulary for Children (BNFC)
The British National Formulary for Children (BNFC) presents essential practical information to help ...
- CPD activity approval
Organisations wanting CPD activity approval from the RCPCH can gain this by referring to the CPD activity approval ...
Revalidation is a new process of regulation for all doctors who practice medicine in the UK. Revalidation was outlined ...
- Further information
RCPCH e-bulletins Sign up to these monthly email updates if you don't currently receive them by contacting our ...