How to Manage: End of Life Care and Bereavement
15 June 2016
9.00am - 4.30pm
Marriott Hotel, Mill Lane, Cardiff, CF10 1EZ
RCPCH members - Trainees and SAS doctors: £135
RCPCH members - Consultants: £175
Non-RCPCH members: £200
You will need to sign in to or create an online account before you can book online.
Topics covered will include:
- the challenges of end of life care
- a bereaved parent's perspective
- relating grief theory to practice
- consultant-led session on the practicalities of ACP (Advance Care Planning)
- consent for post mortem and child death review process.
The programme for this course is delivered in partnership with the Child Bereavement UK.
By the end of the day delegates will:
- developed an awareness of their personal strengths and weaknesses when talking with patients and their families about death and dying
- gained an understanding of the family’s journey and the importance of effective and empathic communication during the dying process and afterwards once the family is bereaved
- increased their confidence in approaching difficult situations when a doctor has to talk to parents and/or children about death and/or bereavement
gained an understanding of their personal response to emotional stress and tragedy, and be able to employ techniques for dealing with this in the workplace and at home.
Paediatric Trainees, SAS Doctors, Consultant Paediatricians, Nurses and all Healthcare Professionals