How To Manage: Gastroenterology - an approach to common GI presentations
2 May 2017
8.45am - 4.30pm
RCPCH members - Consultants - £175
RCPCH members - Trainees - £135
SAS doctors, AHPs & Nurses - £135
Non-RCPCH members - £200
A 15% discount is available on all rates to members of the British Society of Paediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org by email or on 0207 092 6106 for more details.
Our online booking system will ask you to sign in to or create your RCPCH online account.
Get an overview of the investigation and management of common GI presentations in children and young people.
This course will cover approaches in the management and investigation of young people with eating disorders and functional GI disorders. Learning from leading paediatric gastroenterologists you will have the opportunity to discuss abnormal liver function tests, specialist investigations in chronic diarrhoea, the role of probiotics in GI disease and the challenges of managing difficult constipation.
By attending this course delegates will develop a clinical approach for the investigation and management of:
- Develop a clinical approach for the investigation and management of chronic diarrhoea
- Understand the role of probiotics in GI disease
- Develop an approach for managing functional GI disorders
- Be able to investigate and manage a patient with abnormal liver function tests
- Be able to manage difficult constipation
- Recognise a young person with an eating disorder and understand the principles of management
Paediatric trainees, SAS doctors, newly qualified consultants and those working in general paediatrics with a special interest in gastroenterology.