Support with your online account
Following are some tips to support you with creating, signing in to and using your online account.
On this page:
- Why do I need an account?
- How do I create an account?
- How do I set a good password?
- How do I go to my account?
- What if I forget, or don't know, my RCPCH number?
- What if I forget my password?
- What if my account is blocked?
- When I try to create an account, I get an error message that I already have an online account - but I don't remember creating one
- When I try to sign in to my account, I get an error message about my email address
- Why am I still experiencing problems?
- How do I access my member dashboard?
- What can I access with my RCPCH online account?
Your RCPCH online account will allow you to do some things on this website - such as apply for membership, register for examinations, book events and courses and manage your subscriptions.
It will also give you access to your accounts in other RCPCH systems, including RCPCH ePortfolio (for paediatric trainees and assessors), Compass (online classroom), Paediatric Care Online, Archives of Disease in Childhood (scientific journal) and CPD Diary.
It's easy to create an RCPCH online account. Go to Create account at the top of the website.
Select the suitable option from:
- I have an RCPCH number - for current members. Your RCPCH number will be included on any written correspondence to you from the College. If you cannot remember your number, please contact email@example.com or 020 7092 6060.
- I don't have an RCPCH number - for non-members.
You can then sign up:
- Complete the short form with your details and password (see below for tips).
- You will see a message on screen and get an email. Click on the link in the email to complete your sign up.
- You will get a second email - this has your RCPCH number.
- You can then sign in to RCPCH with your RCPCH number and the password you chose.
That's it. If you can't find an email from us, check your spam or junk messages. Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any problems.
To ensure that your online account is secure and that no unuathorised persons can access your personal details, you will need to set a password.
This must be between 6 and 12 characters, and have at least one of each:
- upper case letter (A B C)
- lower case letter (a b c)
- numeric digit (1 2 3)
- punctuation mark (, ? !)
To help you - and only you - remember such a password, here are some tips.
- Construct a password out of an easy to remember phrase, swapping letters for numbers and punctuation marks. For example, I passed my membership examination on 10 January 2016 could become, IpmME100116! or, My son's wedding was in Truro could become M$un's w£d Trur0 (it's okay to use spaces).
- Avoid words that are obvious such as your or your family members' names.
- Avoid numbers that are addresses or birthdays.
- Don't let your web browser remember your password. You can clear your passwords from your browser history.
When you first create your RCPCH online account, you are given an RCPCH number. If you are a member, this is your RCPCH membership number.
Sign in to RCPCH with your RCPCH number and the password that you chose. You can get to your account by clicking on Account at the top of the website.
If you are a member, you will be directed to your member dashboard. You can get back to your account by following the link on your dashboard, or clicking on Account at the top of the website. You can get back to your dashboard at any time by clicking on Dashboard.
- RCPCH member - email@example.com
- Exam candidate - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Using ePortfolio (Kaizen) - email@example.com
- Booking an event - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Using PCO UK - email@example.com
- Other - firstname.lastname@example.org
For security reasons, we are unable to send you a reminder of your password, but you can reset it. Go to Request password and enter your RCPCH number.
You will get an email to the preferred email address we have on your record. Click on the link to reset your password.
If you do not see this email, check your spam or junk messages.
If you still cannot see this email, this may be because we have a different email address on file. Please contact us on email@example.com so we can update your details.
If you try to sign in five times, your account will be blocked. We suggest you request a new password before this happens.
But if your account is blocked, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
When I try to create an account, I get an error message that I already have an online account - but I don't remember creating one
Occasionally, we need to create an RCPCH online account for individuals, eg so they can access other RCPCH systems. We will always email the user with information on how to sign in, including their RCPCH number.
If you are unable to create a new account, please contact us on email@example.com
We may have a different, or no, email address on your record.
If you see this error message, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org - and include your preferred email address
There may be an issue with your web browser's cookies or cache. We suggest you delete form data, cookies and saved passwords. Find out more for your web browser:
We recommend you use an up-to-date web browser where possible. If you are using an older version (especially of Internet Explorer), you may not be able to see or use all of our website's features.
All RCPCH members have access to their dashboard. This is your RCPCH 'home page' with content tailored to your interests, region and career stage.
When signed in, go to the Dashboard link in the header at any time to see your dashboard.
When you sign in to your RCPCH online account you access a range of RCPCH online services for which you have an account. These include the following.
- Restricted content on the RCPCH website - for example, Paediatrician's Handbook or papers for RCPCH committee members
- Compass online classroom
- RCPCH ePortfolio
- Paediatric Care Online
- CPD Diary
- Archives of Disease in Childhood
If you need more help, do contact us:
- Member services - email@example.com
- Examinations - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Courses and events booking - email@example.com
- Other website queries - firstname.lastname@example.org
|How to view and update your personal details|