Ordinary membership via examination
Paediatricians who have passed the MRCPCH Clinical, or MRCP(UK) part II examination in paediatrics can apply for Ordinary Membership via this route.
|Membership - includes subscription to Archives of Disease in Childhood||Cost per year|
|North America & Europe (including Republic of Ireland)*||£337|
* If you are joining the RCPCH for the first time, you will be required to pay the full membership of £438. The reduced subscription for those resident outside the UK is only available to those who have been a Member for one year or more.
|Training fee||Cost per year|
|Full time training||£212|
|Less than full time training||£127|
If you have a UK bank account, you can pay your membership and training fees by Direct Debit with annual and monthly payment plans available. Monthly instalment amounts are detailed in the table below.
|Membership and training available||Annual fee||
|Ordinary membership only||£438||£36.50|
|Ordinary membership + Training Fee||£650||£54.17|
|Less than full-time Ordinary membership + Training Fee||£456||£38.00|
- Use of MRCPCH designation
- Membership certificate
- Voting rights
- Representation on Council
- Regional support
- Listing on online members' directory
- Use of the members’ room in RCPCH London office
- RCPCH account with personalised dashboard
Resources and communications
- Subscription to Archives of Disease in Childhood journal (cost to non-members is £409)
- The innovative Paediatric Care Online resource, including Child Protection Companion
- Online Paediatrician’s Handbook
- College quarterly newsletter
- Option to receive regular email news bulletins
- Access to database of research funding opportunities
- Continuing professional development (CPD) tools and advice (£205 to non-members)
- Revalidation support
- Reduced fees for the RCPCH Conference and other courses and events
Applicants must have passed the MRCPCH Clinical examination or MRCP(UK) Part II in Paediatrics
Ordinary members are admitted on a monthly basis. Applications received by the 14th of each month will be considered for commencement of ordinary membership from the 1st of the following month.
Please ensure you read the college bye-laws and regulations before applying.