About the member dashboard
Your member dashboard displays content and links for you - based on your interests, your region, your career stage and your membership type. Here's how to get the most out of it.
|Sign in to see your dashboard|
- How do I find my dashboard?
- What can I do on my dashboard?
- Can I use it on my tablet or mobile?
- Why might I be unable to see my dashboard?
- What do I do if I can only see part of my dashboard - how do I display or hide panels?
- How do I update my details?
- How do I tailor content based on my interests?
- How do I get to 100% on profile completeness?
- How do I contact other RCPCH members?
- How do I add links to web pages?
- What can I see in My News?
- What can I see in My Professional Development / Training?
- What can I see in My RCPCH Resources?
- What can I see in Get Involved?
- How do I send feedback?
- Contact us
You can see your dashboard on this website whenever you are signed in to your online account. If you don't see it as soon as you sign in, select Dashboard in the header.
Having problems signing in? Get support on your online account
The dashboard is only available for members - find out more about applying for membership
- update your details, such as your job title, work address
- tailor the content you see by selecting your clinical and other interests
- find other RCPCH members and send private messages through the website
- see personalised feeds of the latest RCPCH and child health news, professional development and opportunities to get involved in College activities
- access other RCPCH websites that you use - most of these are connected to your RCPCH online account so you won't need to log in again
- add links to your favourite web pages
- customise your dashboard view by hiding panels that you don't need.
You can access your dashboard on your mobile device, including your tablet or smartphone. Currently, the dashboard is not optimised for mobile use, and you may need to scroll and zoom to navigate.
Your dashboard is best viewed on an up-to-date web browser.
It will not work as well on older versions of browsers - and you will not be able to see some content in Internet Explorer versions 7 and below. If possible, we recommend you download the latest browser, for example:
When you first access your dashboard, you should see four rows of panels. (A few members have reported that they can only see a few panels when they first sign in.)
You can choose which panels you would like on your dashboard.
Go to Customise dashboard on the top right of your dashboard. To hide a panel, untick the box. To display a panel, tick the box.
You can go to your account from your dashboard - follow the blue button under My Details. You can also access your account by going to Account in the website header.
In the Update My Details form, you can check and update your personal details, including your work and home details, as well as your contact preferences. You may also opt in to answer some questions for the College's equal opportunities responsibilities.
The Update My Details in your account also allows you to select your interests: clinical interests (these are the paediatric sub-specialties) and non-clinical interests.
When we publish an update related to your selected interest(s), this will display on your dashboard.
If we know your paediatric sub-specialty - because you have completed 'GRID' sub-specialty training or because you supplied this information for the RCPCH workforce census - this will be pre-selected as one of your clinical interests. You can choose to add more clinical interests and/or remove this.
This is based on the information you provide in the 'Update My Details' form:
- your full name
- your current job title - if you're retired, simply select 'Retired'
- your current work address, including a post code (if you are working in the UK) or country
- a photograph of yourself
- selecting one or more clinical interests and non-clinical interests
- one or more answers to equal opportunities
Your dashboard has a Member Network panel. You can go to Find an RCPCH member to use our online search tool to find other members by surname, hospital or region.
You may wish to send private messages to other members through the website. When you go to another member's profile, you can follow the Add contact link to invite them to your network. When the member accepts your invitation, you will be able to send each other messages.
If you have unread messages, a notification will display on your dashboard.
You may want to save web pages to your dashboard - so you can easily find them later. You can add links to any web pages on this or another website.
Go to Customise dashboard in the top right of your dashboard. Add the name and address (URL) of your web page, and save. You can also delete links that you no longer need. And, you can change the order by dragging them.
Your links will display in the My Links panel.
It's easy to save RCPCH web pages to your dashboard when you are signed in. Go to Add link to my dashboard at the top of the page. You can click on Confirm - and a link to this page will display in the My Links panel.
We regularly publish updates from the College, as well as news about paediatrics and child health.
In My News, you can see:
- announcements from the College, such as our latest publications, health policy updates and new clinical guidelines
- training, assessments and exams updates
- media announcements, including the College's response to national and regional news stories
- online edition of your membership newsletter, Focus
- events, such as the Annual Conference, membership meetings and launches
- general child health news
The Recommended view displays news tailored to your interests, region, career stage and membership type. If you'd like to see more news, go to the Latest view, or Go to RCPCH News.
If you're a trainee, you should see the My Training panel; otherwise, you will see the My Professional Development panel. Here you'll find updates on our educational programes, including upcoming classroom courses around the UK and online learning opportunities such as e-learnings and videos.
The Recommended view displays educational opportunities tailored to your interests, region, career stage and membership type.
If you'd like to see more, go to the Latest view, or Go to RCPCH Courses.
My RCPCH Resources has links to other RCPCH websites that you may use.
Most of these are connected to your RCPCH online account so you won't need to sign in again - more about RCPCH single sign on
The resources you see may include:
- Compass - your online classroom where you can access e-learnings and manage your learning
- RCPCH ePortfolio - our online assessment tool for trainees and their supervisors (for the UK only)
- CPD Diary - for non-training grades to manage your continuing professional development
- Archives of Disease in Childhood (ADC) - the College journal, available to Ordinary members and Fellows, and others who subscribe - find out more about accessing ADC
If you are a member of a College committee or working group that has a secure web page - for example, with dates and papers for upcoming meetings - this will also display.
If you want to build your skills and participate in the College's strategy and activities - at an international, national or regional level - we invite you to look at these opportunities.
In Get Involved you can see a range of opportunities - formal posts on our Council and other committees, educational programme development, child health research, patient advocacy, campaigning and more.
We welcome your views on the dashboard. If you have a few minutes, please complete our short feedback form! All the questions are optional, so you can fill out as much or as little as you wish.
If you have a question, or if you prefer to feedback by email, please contact Kirsten Olson in the RCPCH Digital & Creative Media Team on firstname.lastname@example.org.