Archives of Disease in Childhood for members
The Archives of Disease in Childhood is the College's scientific journal. All Ordinary Members and Fellows receive ADC as a membership benefit. Other members may subscribe at a reduced rate.
Published since 1926, ADC is now recognised as one of the leading paediatric journals in the world. The Editor-in-Chief is Dr R Mark Beattie.
ADC focuses on all aspects of child health and disease from the perinatal period to adolescence.
The Education and Practice edition can help paediatricians in their ongoing professional development.
Your print editions
As an Ordinary Member or Fellow or a subscriber, you will get monthly print editions by post.
If you do not get a print edition, please contact Member Services on firstname.lastname@example.org. We will liaise with the BMJ. This can take up to 8 weeks, as BMJ prints the address labels before posting the journal. BMJ can send up to three missed issues.
If you are an RCPCH member and get ADC, you can access the journal online in two ways.
1. From your RCPCH online account
- Sign in to your RCPCH account
- Go to your Dashboard (see link at top of screen) and find the link in the My Resources panel
- You will be directed to the ADC website where you can see all content as an RCPCH member - you don't need to sign in again.
Some browsers and devices direct you to the ADC mobile site. If this happens, you will need to sign in via the full text site to access all content. Once signed in:
- View any article on the ADC mobile site
- Click on Full text
- You will see a login page - scroll down to the footer and click on Full site
- Click on Login via your home organisation
- Select country (United Kingdom) and organisation (Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health) and click Select
- The article will load - you should only need to do this once.
2. From ADC
You can also sign in directly to ADC. Use your BMJ number and password.
If you have any problems accessing the online edition, please contact BMJ on email@example.com or 020 7383 6270.
How to subscribe or change your subscription
As a Junior Member, Associate Member, Senior Member, Senior Fellow or Affiliate Member, you can subscribe to ADC at a reduced cost.
To subscribe or to cancel your subscription, please contact Member Services on firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are an Ordinary Member or a Fellow, you receive ADC as part of your membership package. You may opt out of receiving the journal if:
- you co-habit with another member who receives the journal - apply for this concession
- you no longer work in paediatrics - please contact Member Services on email@example.com
Other RCPCH publications
The College produces publications for members, other healthcare professionals, families and other stakeholders.
You can download most publications, or buy the print copy.
Member Services Team
Phone: 020 7092 6060