The College hosts careers events across the year as well as having a presence at other external fairs.
These events are a great opportunity to meet the Careers and Recruitment Team, who can advise on how the application process works, and to get advice from current trainees and consultants about career opportunities open to you.
Upcoming careers events
Throughout the year RCPCH staff, paediatric consultants and trainees attend local fairs. If you are hosting an event and would like us to attend please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org.
The team will be attending the below events over the coming year, so please check this page regularly for further details and new additions!
We hope to see you soon!
Scottish Medical Training Careers Fair
The Recruitment Team will be heading up to Scotland to host a stand as the SMT Careers Fair. The event is run by NHS Education for Scotland (NES) and Scottish Medical Training (SMT), this is the Careers Fair for those wanting to know about medical training in Scotland.
Health Education Kent, Surrey and Sussex Showcase
The HEKSS Showcase 2015 is a chance to see first-hand the excellent training opportunities, initiatives and support offered in their region through the eyes of some of theirleading consultants and trainee doctors currently working there.
BMJ Careers Fair
Look our for the RCPCH Recruitment and Careers Team at their stand at the BMJ Careers Fair.
This year the BMJ careers fair is expanding to include more content than ever before. As well as their popular career-focused seminars, they are running an expanded programme drawn from the very best that BMJ has to offer. Running under the banner of BMJ Live, their new seminar streams will cover:
- The Big Debate – an evening of topical debate led by the team from The BMJ
- Innovation in practice – winners of The BMJ Awards 2015, share innovative projects happening in UK healthcare today.
- Work issues - including your duties as a doctor, ethics, employment advice, taking time out and understanding your place within the NHS
- Applying to Medicine event for school pupils – aimed at year 11, 12 and 13 students, this half day event will tell you everything you need to know about how to apply to medical school
- Agents for Change - a full day satellite event for junior doctors inspired to make change in their workplace and change things for the better
All this, plus all their most popular career-focused seminars! From CV writing, interview skills and career planning to exploring alternative career pathways, their programme has something for every career stage.
Recently attended careers events
Imperial School of Medicine Careers Fair
Tuesday 24 February 2015
Barts and The London Careers Fair
Tuesday 17 March 2015
RCPCH careers events
The College holds annual events for both medical students and foundation doctors - keep watching this page for information about our events.
If you would like to be added to our careers events mailing list please email the Careers and Recruitment team on email@example.com, with:
- medical school / foundation school
- specialty level (if post-foundation).
Becoming a member of the RCPCH
If you are a medical student or foundation doctor, consider becoming an affliate member of RCPCH for priority booking to our events.