How to apply
From July 2013, the RCPCH is pleased to announce that the online application system is now able to accept applications from all candidates both NEW ENTRANTS and RE-ENTRANTS wishing to sit any of their written exams in the UK, India or Malta. All candidates who fall into this category MUST apply for their exams online from July 2013 onwards. Paper applications will NO LONGER be accepted.
Information on how to apply for all written examinations
The College is pleased to announce that from July 2012 it will be able to offer an online application system for those candidates who have previously sat a written examination with the College and who wish to sit the Foundation of Practice, Theory and Science and Applied Knowledge in Practice or the DCH Clinical in the UK. The College is planning to roll out the online application to all trainees in the future. For more information, please view the candidate guidenotes below.
All those in the categories listed may apply online during application periods advertised:
- All candidates who have previously sat any RCPCH exam and wishes to sit in a UK centre
- All DCH Clinical candidates
Online application process rules
• If you are appliying to sit a written paper in either the UK, India or Malta, you are no longer able to submit a paper form. Any paper form received will be returned back to you.
• All candidates must adhere to the set application dates and times. Applications for all exams will open at 9.00am on the first day of the advertised application period and close at 4.30pm on the last day.
• Online applications cannot be submitted before or after the published deadlines.
• You cannot submit a paper form if you miss the deadline for any examination application period. Any paper form received will be returned back to you.
• If you have saved your application but not submitted it before the closing date, you will not be able to do so until the next application period.
• You will be able to track the status of your application via the ‘My Next Exam’ or ‘My Exam Applications’ section found under your exams tab.
All overseas candidates wishing to sit their examinations in an overseas centre will need to apply by paper application via the local organiser with the exception of India and Malta. Full details and contact information can be found here.
Associated Publications, Resources and Links
- How to apply
Information on how to apply for all Clinical examinations Allocation of places for MRCPCH Clinical ...
RCPCH memorabilia RCPCH mugs (£9.95, plus packing; choice of two designs, pictured above) and ...
- DeCon Audit Report
Care of children and young people presenting to hospital with a decreased conscious level report The final report ...
- Child protection updates
This page contains the latest updates in child protection research, policy and national standards For ...
- RCPCH International
'Working with partners in the UK and overseas to advance global child health' News ...
- Community services - resources and links for community paediatrics
RCPCH works closely with the British Association of Community Child Health (BACCH) in developing guidelines, tools and ...