Online applications – for candidates wishing to sit a written exam in UK & Rep of Ireland and Overseas
From November 2013, the RCPCH is pleased to announce that the online application system is now able to accept applications from all candidates both NEW ENRTANTS and RE-ENTRANTS wishing to sit any of their written exams in the UK, Republic of Ireland and Overseas.
All candidates MUST apply for their exams online from November 2013 onwards. Paper applications will NO LONGER be accepted.
Admission documents and results letters
The Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health are pleased to announce that admission documents and results letters for written exams will now be sent to all candidates by email.
All admission documents and result letters are now only sent electronically to their registered default email address; hard copies of result letters will no longer be sent. The Examinations Department of the RCPCH regret that they are not able to issue results in person, by fax or telephone.
Results are also available for candidates to view via the secure section of this website. If you have not previously registered for an Online Account you will need to follow the instructions given on the sign up page. Please note that no pass list will be published.
Changes to the MRCPCH Part 1 and Part 2 examinations and new syllabi for 2013 - Foundation of Practice, Theory and Science and Applied Knowledge in Practice
From 2013 the Part 1A and Part 1B examinations will undergo minor changes with new supporting syllabi.
- Part 1A will become the Foundation of Practice examination. Its format and content will be unchanged and a syllabus is now available to support candidates sitting this examination.
- Part 1B will be redesignated as the Theory and Science examination. The emphasis of the examination will be to test the basic scientific, physiological and pharmacological principles upon which clinical practice is based. The format of the examination will remain unchanged. The supporting syllabus is now available.
- From May 2013 the Part 2 examination will become the Applied Knowledge in Practice (clinical decisions and management) examination. The syllabus will be unchanged but will be streamlined and codified into a single document for transparency, this will be published in late 2012. The format of the examination will not change.
Further details regarding what these changes are, the new syllabi and other information about the content of the examinations can be found here.
Find out about how to apply for all written examinations here.
Associated Publications, Resources and Links
- Written exam FAQs
Frequently asked questions for the written exams Eligibility ...
- Principal Regional Examiner Meeting (PRE)
Principal Regional Examiner (PRE) information and useful contacts The main functions of a Principal ...
- Examination rules and regulations
The College's Examination Executive has set regulations and rules for all UK and overseas trainees. A summary of the ...
- Examination policies, protocols and guidenotes
The College offers a very professional service to all trainees with regards to examinations. In order to maintain these ...
- Clinical examinations
MRCPCH Clinical and DCH Clinical Examinations Important notices Overview of the examinations ...
MRCPCH examination Online applications DCH examination Further information ...