Becoming an RCPCH examiner
The RCPCH Examinations Team are very grateful for all the support and time that is freely given by examiners. In turn, we provide a comprehensive assessment and training programme which is aimed to reinforce and enhance the abilities of its examiners and to encourage them to participate in all elements of the assessment process.
A detailed explanation of the process is outlined in the following document:
- The process of becoming an RCPCH examiner (PDF, 29KB, 4 pages)
- Application for Appointment as Clinical Examiner for the RCPCH (PDF, 50KB, 4 pages)
This form is to be completed by both consultant paediatricians interested in UK-based generic exams who are willing to examine at MRCPCH and/or DCH Clinical examinations across the UK, and by DCH-only applicants
- Application for Appointment as Clinical Examiner for the RCPCH Overseas (PDF, 50KB, 4 pages)
This form is to be completed by consultant paediatricians who are based in any of the existing RCPCH overseas centres such as Hong Kong, Egypt, etc. Once examiner elect applications are completed they must be submitted to the local/chief organiser of MRCPCH exam activity in their country, the Principal Regional Examiner (PRE) for that region and the RCPCH office in London.
If you require guidance on applying for Fellowship of the RCPCH please contact the RCPCH Member Services on 0207 092 6060 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click on the link to access the relevant section of the RCPCH website for Fellowship information and forms
- MRCPCH examiners must be Fellows of the RCPCH. Any applications that are submitted from consultants who do not hold or have not already submitted a complete application for FRCPCH will be returned immediately. You must be a Fellow before applying to become an examiner!
Details on attending question writing meetings can be found here
- Applicants must also be in substantive consultant posts before applying. Applications from individuals in locum posts will not be considered.
- All applicants should have attended / contributed to at least one RCPCH Question Writing meeting before applying.
Training and appointment
The Examinations Team only except applications during the periods specified in the Examiner Key Dates section. Applications submitted outside of these application periods may be returned. This schedule is to allow your completed application form and supporting references to be forwarded to the examiner selection subcommittee of the Examinations Executive Committee for approval. Once approved you will then be confirmed as an examiner elect and be given the opportunity to participate in the training programme outlined in the summary document below:
- Examiner Training and Appointment Process (PDF, 24KB, 2 pages)
Associated Publications, Resources and Links
- Principal Regional Examiner Meeting (PRE)
Principal Regional Examiner (PRE) information and useful contacts The main functions of a Principal ...
- Role of the RCPCH Examiner
What does an Examiner Do? For more detailed information on the role of the RCPCH Examiner please refer to ...
- Examiner availability
Submitting your availability for MRCPCH/DCH clinical examinations 2013 We hope that you have been ...
- Chairman's Welcome
Dear Colleagues, Welcome. As chair of the Academic Board, I have the privilege and ...
- Stakeholder organisations
The following organisations have registered as project stakeholders or are partners in the National Epilepsy Audit: ...
- Exam centres - UK
MRCPCH and DCH Clinical centres It is not always possible to confirm the address details for the UK MRCPCH and ...