Adolescent Health Programme (AHP)
Dr Helena Gleeson, AHP Clinical Lead and National Champion
AHP is a Department of Health (DoH) sponsored programme for NHS healthcare professionals. This free programme supports the delivery of quality care to young people (aged 11-19 years). AHP is run by the RCPCH and E-learning for Healthcare.
supports CPD for healthcare professionals
improved health outcomes of young people
improved health experiences of young people.
- Overview and purpose
- AHP Contributors
- Useful information and materials
- AHP frequently asked questions
The AHP helps healthcare professionals to get the right knowledge and skills to help their young patients lead healthier and more active lives.
- Clinical experts and subject specialists have written over 70 AHP training sessions to help the range of healthcare professionals understand the views of young people and professionals.
- AHP includes 30 topics using video clips and case studies. Trainees can learn at a time and place to suit them, using the 20-minute sessions through the internet.
- Medical professionals can get free access to the adolescent health e-learning programme. Other healthcare professionals can use their local national learning management system to access their details.
'This is a high-quality and accessible training package. The e-learning sessions will equip healthcare professionals with the skills and knowledge needed to communicate effectively with young people. This will help adolescents to recognise the potential consequences for their health of their actions and to make changes that will lead to a healthy future.' Professor Terence Stephenson, President of the RCPCH
AHP was developed in collaboration with the following organisations:
- Royal College of General Practitioners (RCGP)
- Royal College of Nursing (RCN)
- Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RCOG)
- Royal College of Psychiatrists (RCPsych)
- Royal College of Physicians (RCP)
- e-learning for Healthcare (e-LfH)
Visit the YPHSIG website
|An initiative funded by:||Working in partnership with:|