Quality and standards
The RCPCH sets the standards for training of paediatricians and evaluates its delivery through various means.
- examination and assessment results
- checking postgraduate paediatric school reports
- checking General Medical Council (GMC) trainee and trainer surveys
- external representation on Annual Review of Competence Progression (ARCP)
- assessing applications for Confirmation of Completion of Training (CCT) before recommendation to the GMC for entry to the specialist register.
Recommendations for safe trainee changeover
College Tutors - information to support the College Tutor, the RCPCH representative in each NHS Trust, including College standards in education and training, new educational initiatives and changes to examinations
Educational supervision - information for those who undertake an educational supervisory role, including College Tutors, Regional Advisers and Programme Directors
Approval process for posts and programmes - the College assists LETBs/HEE regional offices to obtain educational approval for new training posts and programmes (academic and clinical)
Question writing and scenario generation for the MRCPCH examinations - find out more and how to get involved
Committees for education and training - a number of committees deal with issues on training, continuing professional development and revalidation