The RCPCH offers guidance for all paediatric trainees in approved training posts on workplace-based assessments/Supervised Learning Events (SLEs).
Detailed guidance and information on each workplace-based assessment/SLE:
- Paediatric Mini Clinical Evaluation Exercise (ePaed Mini-CEX)
- Paediatric Case Based Discussion (ePaedCbD)
- Directly Observed Procedural Skills (DOPS)
- Discussion of Correspondence (DOC)
- Handover Tool, Acute Care Assessment Tool, LEADER CbD (HAT, ACAT, LEADER)
- Paediatric Multisource Feedback (ePaedMSF)
- Information for SpR Calman trainees is available on the assessment for SpRs page.
Less Than Full-Time Trainees (LTFT) should complete their assessments pro-rata and ensure that they are spaced evenly between their different posts.For information on assessments within subspecialties at Level 3, please visit the subspecialty training page
Falsification of workplace-based assessments/SLEs
Please read this College guidance document on how we deal with potential falsification of workplace-based assessments:(PDF, 94KB, 5 pages)
Online assessment systems
Assessments must be completed online using ASSET.
Trainees can view their completed online assessments via the ePortfolio and results will be uploaded each week to their ePortfolio account. Trainers will be able to see the progress of their trainees from within the ePortfolio.
Due to the iterative and collaborative way in which the College's online systems have developed over time to support trainees and career grade doctors, members currently have access to four online support systems. Members often ask why they are not amalgamated and how they interlink. Read our(MS Word, 14KB).