The RCPCH offers guidance for all paediatric trainees in approved training posts on workplace-based assessments / Supervised Learning Events (SLEs).
Assessment guide for trainees and trainers
Workplace-based assessments / SLEs
Follow the links for detailed guidance and information on each SLE:
- Paediatric Mini Clinical Evaluation Exercise (ePaed Mini-CEX)
- Paediatric Case Based Discussion (ePaedCbD)
- Directly Observed Procedural Skills (DOPS)
- Discussion of Correspondence (DOC)
- Handover Tool, Acute Care Assessment Tool, LEADER CbD (HAT, ACAT, LEADER)
- Paediatric Multisource Feedback (ePaedMSF)
- For SprCalman trainees
- For sub-specialty training (Level 3)
- Less Than Full-Time LTFT) trainees should complete their assessments pro-rata and ensure these are spaced evenly among their different posts.
Falsification of workplace-based assessments/SLEs
Please read this College guidance document on how we deal with potential falsification of workplace-based assessments.
(PDF, 94KB, 5 pages)
Online assessment systems
Assessments must be completed online using ASSET.
Trainees can view their completed online assessments via ePortfolio. Results will be uploaded each week to their ePortfolio account. Trainers will be able to see the progress of their trainees from within the ePortfolio.
Due to the iterative and collaborative way in which the College's online systems have developed over time to support trainees and career grade doctors, members currently have access to four online support systems. Members often ask why they are not amalgamated and how they interlink. Read our(MS Word, 14KB).