The RCPCH offers guidance for all paediatric trainees in approved training posts on workplace-based assessments/SLEs and AoP, including DOPS, ePaedMiniCeX, ePaedMSF, ePaedCbD and DOC.
Assessments must be completed online using ASSET
Trainees can view their completed online assessments via the ePortfolio and results will be uploaded each week to their ePortfolio account. Trainers will be able to see the progress of their trainees from within the ePortfolio.
Workplace-based Assessments/SLEs (Supervised Learning Events)
Detailed guidance and information on each workplace-based assessment/SLE:
- Paediatric Mini Clinical Evaluation Exercise (ePaed Mini-CEX)
- Paediatric Case Based Discussion (ePaedCbD)
- Directly Observed Procedural Skills (DOPS)
- Discussion of Correspondence (DOC)
- Handover Tool, Acute Care Assessment Tool, LEADER CbD (HAT, ACAT, LEADER)
- Paediatric Multisource Feedback (ePaedMSF)
Information for SpR Calman trainees is available on the assessment for SpRs page.
To see what assessments are required at each stage of training please view the Paediatric Training and Assessment Pathway document:
Less Than Full-Time Trainees (LTFT) should complete their assessments pro-rata and ensure that they are spaced evenly between their different posts.
For information on assessments within subspecialties at Level 3, please visit the subspecialty training page
Falsification of workplace-based assessments/SLEs
Please read this College guidance document on how we deal with potential falsification of workplace-based assessments:(PDF, 94KB, 5 pages)
RCPCH Online Assessment Systems
Associated Publications, Resources and Links
- HAT, ACAT and LEADER (Handover Assessment Tool, Acute Care Assessment Tool and LEADER CbD)
HAT, ACAT and LEADER are pilot SLEs (Supervised Learning Events), to be used as workplace-based assesment tools for ...
- Paediatric Prescribing Tool
Introduction The Paediatric Prescribing Tool (PPT) has been developed as a rapid response to recent critical ...
- Assessment of your Postgraduate Qualification for General Medical Council (GMC) Registration
The General Medical Council (GMC) have three routes of registration. Yo u will need to be registered with the GMC in ...
- Assessment of paediatric consultations - parent and carer feedback
Information on the College's parent and carer feedback tool and how career-grade paediatricians can access the tool. ...
- Community services - resources and links for community paediatrics
RCPCH works closely with the British Association of Community Child Health (BACCH) in developing guidelines, tools and ...
- Foundation doctors
Paediatrics is an exciting and varied specialty - every day is different. What can you do to get paediatric ...