The RCPCH offers guidance for all paediatric trainees in approved training posts on workplace-based assessments.
An informative guide to formative and summative assessment for trainees and trainers (2nd edition, 2015)
RCPCH ePortfolio is the College's online learning tool for trainees and their supervisors to log their activities and monitor progress through the curriculum. It is on the Kaizen platform.
Trainees can request, complete and view their completed assessments. Trainers and supervisors can complete assessments for and see the progress of their trainees.
We recommend that trainees do at least one or two supervised learning events (SLEs) per month, at all training levels.
Table of Assessments (PDF, 2 pages,61 KB). - detail on assessment requirements
Follow the links for detailed guidance and information on each SLE:
- Paediatric Mini Clinical Evaluation Exercise (ePaed Mini-CEX)
- Paediatric Case Based Discussion (ePaedCbD)
- Directly Observed Procedural Skills (DOPS)
- Paediatric Multi-Source Feedback (ePaedMSF)
- Discussion of Correspondence (DOC)
- Handover Tool, Acute Care Assessment Tool, LEADER CbD (HAT, ACAT, LEADER)
Advice for specific groups:
- For Spr Calman trainees
- For sub-specialty training (Level 3)
- For Less Than Full-Time LTFT) training - LTFT trainees should complete their assessments pro-rata and ensure these are spaced evenly among their different posts
Falsification of workplace-based assessments/SLEs
(PDF, 94KB, 5 pages) - please read this College guidance document on how we deal with potential falsification of workplace-based assessments
For any queries about RCPCH assessment tools and services, please email the Assessment Team on email@example.com