As part of their training, all those in approved training posts (including STs, FTSTAs, LATs, ACFs) must complete workplace-based assessments. The Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health administers the majority of assessments through the ASSET facility, the College's dedicated online assessment service. Trainees must register with the College to gain an online assessment account.
Log in instructions
Please note that your username is not necessarily your email address.
If you have been invited to complete a paediatric trainee assessment, you may need to register an account. If you think that you are already registered on the site with a previous email address, or if you receive the message that an account already exists with your email address, please email email@example.com and we can help you with your log in details. Please do not register more than once.
You must first register with the College before an account is set up for you.
Assessments undertaken on ASSET will appear regularly in your ePortfolio account. Please note that ePortfolio and ASSET are separate websites.
Important information when using ASSET
- Changing details: It is very important that you email us any change of level as soon as possible, as this is recorded on your assessments. You will be able to see your training level at the top of your 'settings' page.
- Change of Deanery: Without your Deanery information being present you will not be able to complete an ePaedMSF so please check this is correct - you can contact the ASSET Team if your Deanery needs to be changed.
- Educational Supervisor: If you are unable to add your supervisor to your ASSET account email the ASSET Team.
- Timeout: If you have an assessment open for longer than 40 minutes, you will be logged out of the system and your assessment will not be saved or submitted when you press the submit/save button, even though the pop-up will appear asking you if you are sure. If you think you will take longer than 40 minutes it is better to save as draft and then reopen the assessment to complete it.
- Keeping drafts: Once saved as draft, an assessment will remain in your 'to-do' list for 14 days - after which it will disappear.
Falsification of workplace-based assessments
Please read this College guidance document on how we deal with potential falsification of workplace-based assessments:
We understand how important it is that trainees, assessors and Educational Supervisors have access to support while using ASSET. Please email the ASSET support team with enquiries regarding ASSET.
There are a selection of help documents available. Up-to-date news and FAQS can also be found on the ASSET website:
DF, 2MB, 17 pages)
ASSET User Guide gives detailed guidance on using the system, for both trainees and assessors
Gives answers to common queries
Technical specifications gives some useful advice which you can ask your local IT support to help you with
ASSET privacy notice