Information for those who undertake an educational supervisory role, for example, college tutors, regional advisors and programme directors.
The National Survey of Trainers
The National Survey of Trainers collects trainers' views on three key issues:
- how effectively trainers feel they perform their duties
- how these duties are recognised in their job plans and training
- the level of support trainers feel they receive
The National Survey of Trainers is a key opportunity for trainers to tell the regulator about their experiences as a trainer. Whether these are about a need for more time in job plans, more support from the local deanery or education providers, the survey provides the platform trainers need to voice their views. Outcomes help the regulator inform improvements in support for trainers.
Supervision forms can only be completed through the supervisor's own ePortfolio account. They will choose the trainee for whom they wish to complete a form and enter the educational supervision page, choosing the appropriate form and "Create New".
Assessments (CbD, DOPS etc) are completed online using ASSET, after which they are pulled through to ePortfolio. Please note: ePortfolio is a separate website from ASSET.
- current good practice
- areas for development with constructive feedback
- achievement of curriculum competences
- areas to be addressed with personal development plans
- learning, development and progression
- engagement with the learning process
Assessment information on:
Associated Publications, Resources and Links
- Chairman's Welcome
Dear Colleagues, Welcome. As chair of the Academic Board, I have the privilege and ...
- Stakeholder organisations
The following organisations have registered as project stakeholders or are partners in the National Epilepsy Audit: ...
- Broad Based Training Programme 2014
Broad Based Training (BBT) is a pilot two-year structured core training programme providing six-month placements in Core ...
- Exam centres - UK
MRCPCH and DCH Clinical centres It is not always possible to confirm the details for the UK MRCPCH and ...
- Specialist Question Writing Group (SQG)
The SQG is a formal process of appointing members to attend the meetings to generate specialised questions. ...
As part of their training, all those in approved training posts (including STs, FTSTAs, LATs, ACFs) must complete ...