Quality and standards
The RCPCH sets the standards for training of paediatricians and evaluates its delivery through various means. This includes:
- Examination and assessment results
- Checking postgraduate paediatric school reports
- Checking General Medical Council (GMC) trainee and trainer surveys
- External representation on Annual Review of Competence Progression (ARCPs)
- Assessing applications for Confirmation of Completion of Training (CCT) before recommendation to GMC for entry to the specialist register.
GMC National Training Survey 2011 Key Findings
This report was published in November 2011 and contains key findings of the 2011 national survey of trainee doctors. It provides a comprehensive picture of the views, experiences and perceptions of more than 46,000 doctors working across the UK.
It provides analysis of themes that emerged from the data nationally, including some comparison of the different specialties.
View the full
Annual Reporting to PMETB for 2007/2008
Annual Reporting to PMETB 2008/2009
Associated Publications, Resources and Links
- Stakeholder organisations
The following organisations have registered as project stakeholders or are partners in the National Epilepsy Audit: ...
- Chairman's Welcome
Dear Colleagues, Welcome. As chair of the Academic Board, I have the privilege and ...
- British National Formulary for Children (BNFC)
British National Formulary for Children (BNFC) provides up to date information on using medicines to treat ...
- Community services - resources and links for community paediatrics
RCPCH works closely with the British Association of Community Child Health (BACCH) in developing guidelines, tools and ...
- Emergency and urgent care
Here you’ll find the latest policy updates and publications relating to paediatric emergency and urgent care. ...
- General paediatrics
Facing the Future Facing the Future is a bold programme of work for the College that considers ...