Special Interest Modules (SPIN Modules)
These competences have been developed for trainees in general paediatrics who have an interest in a certain area of their work. These do not change the certification of completion of training (CCT) the trainee will receive (i.e. the CCT will still be in General Paediatrics).
Why have these modules been developed?
Whilst it is acknowledged that trainees in general paediatrics who want to develop expertise in a particular area cannot acquire the same breadth and depth of competences as those training purely in a paediatric sub-specialty (grid post), it is hoped that the exposure will contribute to a life-long interest and commitment to build on the competences acquired during training once a consultant.
These modules are being introduced as a pilot. The RCPCH will be seeking feedback from the trainees, educational supervisors, schools of paediatrics, CSACs and potentially in the future from employers, NHS Trusts and regional networks.
This will look at:
- need for training in this module
- addition or omission of competences unique to the module
- feasibility of delivering the module within Level 3 General Paediatric training
- usefulness of the standards for training for the module
- outcomes of trainees undertaking the module
- need for revision of the competences
- need for further assessment.
Download Special Study Modules for -
Respiratory - Not Currently Available
||Paediatric Allergy - Currently being reviewed|
Associated Publications, Resources and Links
- Role of the RCPCH Examiner
What does an Examiner Do? For more detailed information on the role of the RCPCH Examiner please refer to ...
- Host information for MRCPCH Clinical Exams
The following documents provide you with key information to assist you with hosting the MRCPCH clinical exam. ...
- Examiner availability
Submitting your availability for MRCPCH/DCH clinical examinations 2013 We hope that you have been ...
- Examiner key dates and calendar
UK examination dates 2013 UK Calendar All Exams.pdf (PDF, 1 page 21KB) Examination and ...
- Broad Based Training Programme
Broad Based Training (BBT) is a new two-year structured core training programme providing six-month placements in Core ...
- Stakeholder organisations
The following organisations have registered as project stakeholders or are partners in the National Epilepsy Audit: ...