Working for the College
The Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health (RCPCH) has over 15,000 members in the UK and abroad, including consultant paediatricians, community health doctors, trainee paediatricians, research workers, general practitioners and other medical specialists who work with children.
The College is responsible for training and examining thousands of paediatricians in the UK and sets standards for professional and postgraduate medical education to ensure children and young people receive the highest possible standards of healthcare.
It does this by:
- overseeing the education, training and examination of paediatricians in both the UK and overseas
- maintaining high professional standards through the development of clinical guidelines and good practice
- campaigning for change on issues affecting children’s health and wellbeing
- working, often in partnership with other organisations, to develop and promote evidence-based policy and research to improve children’s health throughout the world
- promoting the involvement and participation of children and young people.
As an employee of the College, you will find youself working across departments with colleagues from different teams and liasing with the broad range of health professionals that make up our membership.
Associated Publications, Resources and Links
- Where we work
The Global Links Programme aims to improve the quality of paediatric care in some of the countries with the highest ...
- The College
Who we are The Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health is responsible for training and examining ...
- College structure
The College consists of approximately 130 members of staff who work across the following divisions: Chief ...
- Government has let working women down, Jamie Oliver says
Oliver, who launched his new money-saving cookery programme on Monday, said the government had never assured parents ...
- Return to work
Introduction Guidance for career grade paediatricians Guidance and tools for ...
- RCPCH launches 'Children's and Maternity Services in 2009: Working Time Solutions' - 2 July 2008
RCPCH launches 'Children's and Maternity Services in 2009: Working Time Solutions' - 2 July 2008 To download ...