UK-WHO growth charts
RCPCH has produced a complete suite of charts (supplied in the UK by Harlow Printing) for all uses ranging from child health surveillance to detailed monitoring of children with health problems.
The newest of these, published in June 2013 is the Childhood and Puberty Close Monitoring (CPCM) Chart. This is a modification of the main school age chart for use in children with growth or nutritional problems and will be ideal for use in specialist clinics and special schools. The chart extends to age 20 years and features:
- Body mass index (BMI) chart
- Low and high lines to monitor unusually short, thin or overweight children
Puberty phase specific thresholds to assess
- Small children with late onset of puberty
- Tall children with early onset of puberty
- Tanner stage graphs to assess detailed progress of puberty
The details of all the charts can be found by following the links below:
Early years chart 0-4 years
Neonatal and Infant Close Monitoring (NICM) chart
Personal Child Health Record (PCHR) charts
UK Down Syndrome chart (DS) 0-18 years
School age charts
Childhood and Puberty Close Monitoring (CPCM) Chart
Body mass index (BMI) chart
We welcome feedback about the UK growth charts. Any feedback submitted will be considered when the charts are reviewed. Unfortunately we are not able to respond individually to comments about the charts. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The charts have been developed as a project undertaken within the RCPCH Science and Research Department, Growth Charts Expert Working Group, led by Professor Charlotte Wright from the University of Glasgow and funded by the Department of Health.
Terms and conditions of use
The charts can be freely downloaded under the following terms and conditions.
- The charts must not be used for the purposes of advertising or promoting other products
- RCPCH/WHO/Department of Health must be acknowledged as chart developers in any publications or products
- 0-4 charts are copyright © 2009 Department of Health, this copyright notice should be reproduced on all copies
- School age charts are copyright © 2012/13 Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health, this copyright notice should be reproduced on all copies
- Users may not claim any IP rights over the materials or seek to restrict use of them by others
- Anyone wishing to print the charts for commercial reasons should first contact RCPCH to discuss obtaining the relevant permissions
- Any version printed for sale must adhere to the printing specification
- Charts must be reproduced in whole without cropping or altering in any way.
- Chart images (for inclusion in articles etc) may be cropped but should not otherwise be altered and should carry the notice 'Reproduced with permission of Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health'. Please contact email@example.com for further information
Access to UK 1990 data and UK-WHO composite data
- The UK 1990 data are copyright to the UK Medical Resarch Council but will usually be made available without charge on signing of a licence agreement
- Please contact growth.charts@RCPCH.ac.uk for further information