We work to ensure that the voice of children, young people and families is making a difference in child health and healthcare for young patients.
RCPCH &Us: the voice of children, young people and families
The RCPCH &Us Network is for children, young people, parents and carers; created to actively seek and share their views to influence and shape policy and practice.
Our work includes projects, events, activities and sharing news to educate, collaborate, engage and change services for the better. The RCPCH &Us Network includes:
- &Us News through our social media channels and a monthly e-newsletter
- &Us Roadshows across the UK to find out what children and young people from all ages and backgrounds think about child health topics
- &Us Challenges bringing together groups of children, young people and/or parents and carers for the day to work together on a topic, review the Roadshow information and come up with ideas and solutions
- &Us Projects where children, young people and families get involved over a longer time to work on turning ideas into products and developing new solutions to challenges
In 2019/20, over 2800 children, young people and family members volunteered over 1640 hours on projects and activities looking at experiences with long term conditions such as epilepsy or health policy areas like indoor air quality, even reviewing evidence and writing their own recommendations and responses on topics like COVID-19 or the State of Child Health. There are lots of different ways you can get involved, from volunteering online as a one off or joining a regular project. Get in touch to find out more!
The Children and Young People's Engagement team also delivers information, advice and guidance for trainees, paediatricians and healthcare professionals about working with children and young people and involving them in strategic decision making.
The Engagement Collaborative is free to join and provides members with:
- e-newsletters including the latest research, best practice, funding and news about participation and engagement in child health services
- free resources to support engagement of children and young people
- coaching and engagement planning support.
Organisations can also commission the team to deliver engagement activity in their settings. To find out more, please contact email@example.com.
The Children and Young People's Engagement Team can be contacted through the following:
Twitter / Facebook / Instagram / YouTube - search "RCPCH and Us" or "RCPCH &Us"
020 7092 6000