- To access a web forum, you will need to be signed in to your RCPCH online account.
- Forums can be accessed only by certain individuals, for example, those in a committee or network.
- Other forum users will be able to identify you by your full name.
- As a forum user, you can view topics within the forum, and add comments.
- You can also create a new topic, which is subject to moderation.
- We encourage users to post questions on the forum – both to the online community and to RCPCH – where the responses will be of value to others in the community.
- Search the forum before creating a new topic – to avoid double posting (posting the same information in more than one current topic).
- Read all of the posts in a topic before posting – to avoid repeating points that have already been discussed.
- Do not dig up old discussions. If you want to continue an old discussion (older than 1 month), create a new topic and reference the old topic in your post.
- If you feel that a post is offensive, or that it violates any of the below restrictions, please inform a moderator – click on the Report content link.
- You remain solely responsible for your posts. Be respectful of others who use the forum, stay on topic and do not use language that is offensive, inflammatory or libellous. Avoid using all capital letters or bold – IT GIVES THE EFFECT OF SHOUTING, and is more difficult to read.
Restrictions on posts
You must not post to the RCPCH website (nor link from our sites to) any content that:
- is knowingly false or misleading, defamatory, illegal, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, liable to incite racial hatred, blasphemous, discriminatory, pornographic, sexually oriented, threatening or invasive of a person's privacy
- you do not own or for which you have not obtained all necessary licences and/or approvals
- solicits or discloses private or personal matters about any person (including patients, young people, parents/carers and trainees), including but not exclusively personal addresses, telephone numbers or photographs without their content, and including names of minors
- reveals what appears to be personal information about another contributor that would identify them in the real world and which they have not otherwise made public online, including by posting links or emails to any area that would reveal such information
- impersonates any person or any entity, or falsely states or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with anyone or any entity
- is technically harmful, including, without limitation, computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data
- is in a language other than English – we will be unable to moderate these posts
- has the purpose or effect of disrupting discussions, causing inconvenience or annoyance to other contributors or site users, including: that which we consider at our sole discretion has the effect or intent of bringing RCPCH or any of its partners into disrepute; making comments of no relevance to the story or topic commented against spamming, ie creating essentially identical messages in different stories or topics; posting blank messages; breaching any relevant legal or regulatory provisions.
RCPCH reserves the right in its absolute discretion at any time to edit, delete or move any material whatsoever posted to, appearing on, or distributed by www.rcpch.ac.uk and you.
We also reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to terminate a user's access to the forum facility.
If you post or transmit to any of our websites any content that results in any costs, expenses, liability or losses to the College, you agree to indemnify us for all such costs, expenses, liability or losses.
- This web forum is post-moderated. This means that any registered user can create a new topic and post comments on topics without their messages being checked before publication.
- College staff will check the forums at least once each working day, and will review all posts to ensure they do not violate the above restrictions. Staff will respond to queries within one working week, and participate in discussions as appropriate.
Copyright remains in the ownership of the contributor, and license granted to the RCPCH is non-exclusive. This means the RCPCH can use any material submitted to the forum, but that the contributor has the right to use this on other sites and platforms.
If you post or transmit any material to our websites:
- you grant us the right to use, reproduce, modify and publish such material elsewhere in our websites and publications – we will always endeavour to seek your consent
- you grant us the right to use the name that you submit in connection with such content; and
- we shall be entitled to reveal your identity (or any information which we have about you) to any third party who is claiming that any of that material violates any of their rights or to any government or regulatory authority that is entitled to require us to do so.