Morriston Hospital Education Centre
Lecture Theatre 2
Delegate fee: £10 for confirmation of place and for refreshments and lunch
RCPCH has approved this activity for CPD in accordance with the current RCPCH CPD Guidelines.
IMGs working in the UK face a number of challenges to adapt to working conditions. The conference aims to provide them a greater understanding of how to develop resilience and get the best out of UK training programme for IMGs.
Lectures, workshops aiming to improve clinical, and communication skills in key areas are included. A discussion panel will highlight current and evolving training opportunities in Wales. Conference will act as a launch pad for supervised training in paediatric echocardiography for IMGs. This would be a good venue for IMGs to network and support each other.
- Definition and management of physical injuries in children.
- Sub-specialty fellowships in Wales – a multicentre approach for paediatric gastroenterology
- Establishing the improvement habit (Quality Improvement)
- Situational awareness
- Developing resilience
- Probity in NHS
- Panel discussion – How can quality of training be improved within International Fellowship Programmes?
- Workshop - High frequency oscillating ventilation ( HFOV) in neonatology
- Workshop – Introduction to paediatric and neonatal echocardiography
- Workshop - Diploma in UK Child Health from Liverpool University Of Tropical Medicine
- Workshop - Managing feedback during educational supervision
International Medical Graduates, Doctors working and training in paediatrics and neonatology, clinical and educational supervisors in paediatrics and neonatology, Advanced Nurse Practitioners, paediatric and neonatal nurses working with IMGs, medical students