Please note: This is a virtual course, facilitated online via Zoom.
Fixed fee - £240
100% of delegates from the last course stated they would recommend this course to a colleague
The teaching faculty comprises highly experienced paediatricians and general practitioners. This is a safe learning environment in which you are encouraged to ask questions and share good practice.
There are interactive workshops, small group work, discussions and role-play all targeted at increasing your confidence in terms of succeeding in the DCH exam. As per the upcoming exam, this course will not involve real patients and it is not a mock exam.
You will also learn key skills that will help you in your clinical practice beyond the exam such as how to conduct a developmental assessment.
Absolutely worth it. Gives a structured approach to the DCH exam, sharing experiences, hopes and fears. Excellent faculty.
To help your learning you will be required to complete some online activities before attending the course. We'll send you more information following registration.
You are also eligible for a copy of our Clinical Cases in Paediatrics, DCH Clinical Examination as part of the course fee. (Please note: we can only post books to UK addresses.)
For more information on the DCH exam and this course, you can watch the webinar, Upskilling primary care colleagues: The DCH pathway, recorded at the College by Dr P Venugopalan and Dr G Bandaranayake.
To prepare candidates undertaking the DCH Clinical exam and increase their confidence through workshops run by experienced paediatric trainers and, in the case of the Communication and History stations, with the assistance of professional role players.
- Be fully aware of the exam format and what to expect in each of the various stations
- Have a clear understanding of the assessment criteria for each station and, therefore, what is required to pass
- Know the common pitfalls and how to avoid them
- Feel more confident about conducting a developmental assessment on a child, not just in the exam but also in everyday practice
- Have a clear idea of how to approach your revision between the course and the DCH Clinical exam
DCH Clinical exam candidates registered for the October 2020 exam.
I see a lot of Paediatric cases. I have gained more confidence after doing the course and passed the DCH Exam
- Windows or Mac Computer (laptop/desktop or tablet)
- An internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE). Minimum bandwidth is 600kbps (up/down) and recommended is 1.5 Mbps (up/down)
- Microphone and speaker - either using:
- the built-in microphone/speaker
- a headset connected to your laptop/desktop or tablet
- Webcam - either using:
- the built-in webcam
- separate webcam connected to your laptop/desktop or tablet