5-11 Theobalds Road
- Fixed Fee - £300
Please note that this course is not aimed at paediatricians.
Very clear about what the DCH exam expects from the examinee. A good faculty - knowledgeable, approachable and friendly.
The teaching faculty, comprised of highly experienced consultant paediatricians, will provide a safe learning environment where you can ask questions and share good practice.
There will be interactive workshops, small group work, discussions and role play all targeted at increasing your confidence in terms of succeeding in the DCH Clinical exam. A key skill you will learn is how to conduct a developmental assessment. The course will not involve real patients or a mock exam.
To help your learning you will need to complete some pre-course assignments online. You will also receive a copy of the Clinical Cases in Paediatrics, DCH Examinations textbook on the day of the course.
Learning aims, objectives and outcomes
To prepare candidates undertaking the DCH Clinical exam and increase their confidence by building on the approved textbook through workshops run by experienced paediatric trainers, and, in the case of Communication and History, with the assistance of professional role players.
By the end of the course you should:
- be fully aware of the exam format and what to expect in each of the various stations
- have a clear understanding of the assessment criteria for each station and, therefore, what is required to pass
- know the common pitfalls and how to avoid them
- feel more confident about conducting a developmental assessment on a child, not just in the exam but also in everyday practice
- have a clear idea of how to approach your revision between the course and the DCH Clinical exam.
DCH Clinical exam candidates preparing for the April 2019 exam
Absolutely worth it. Gives a structured approach to the DCH exam, sharing experiences, hopes and fears. Excellent faculty.