5-11 Theobalds Road
Fixed fee - £300
100% of delegates from the last course stated they would recommend this course to a colleague
The teaching faculty comprises highly experienced paediatricians and general practitioners. This is a safe learning environment in which you are encouraged to ask questions and share good practice.
There are interactive workshops, small group work, discussions and role play all targeted at increasing your confidence in terms of succeeding in the DCH exam. The course will not involve real patients or a mock exam.
A key skill you will learn on this course is how to conduct a developmental assessment.
Absolutely worth it. Gives a structured approach to the DCH exam, sharing experiences, hopes and fears. Excellent faculty.
To help your learning you will be required to complete some online assignments before attending the course. We'll send you more information.
You'll also receive a copy of our Clinical Cases in Paediatrics, DCH Clinical Examination as part of the course fee. If you book before 13th February 2020, we will post the textbook to you; if after that date, you can pick up your copy at the course.
For more information on the DCH exam and this course, you can watch the webinar, Upskilling primary care colleagues: The DCH pathway, recorded at the College by Dr P Venugopalan and Dr G Bandaranayake.
To prepare candidates undertaking the DCH Clinical exam and increase their confidence by building on the approved textbook through workshops run by experienced paediatric trainers and, in the case of Communication and History, with the assistance of professional role players.
- Be fully aware of the exam format and what to expect in each of the various stations
- Have a clear understanding of the assessment criteria for each station and, therefore, what is required to pass
- Know the common pitfalls and how to avoid them
- Feel more confident about conducting a developmental assessment on a child, not just in the exam but also in everyday practice
- Have a clear idea of how to approach your revision between the course and the DCH Clinical exam
DCH Clinical exam candidates preparing for the April 2020 exam
I see lot of Pediatric cases. I have gained more confidence after doing the course and passed the DCH Exam.