5-11 Theobalds Road
- RCPCH Members- Consultants - £155
- RCPCH Members - Trainees and SAS doctors - £145
- Non-Members - £205
Early bird registration is open to 2 April 2019 - enter the code EARLYBIRD10 on checkout to get your 10% discount.
This course will allow delegates to have effective learning conversations with their mentees and by extension with other colleagues, patients and parents and carers. Delegates will be asked to draw upon experiences from their own life and/or practice within the interactive mentoring sessions.
- Develop the skills to become an effective mentor to your colleagues, trainees and others
- Network with like-minded peers
- Access resources and support tools to take away and use locally
This was an opportunity for face to face practice of challenging mentoring conversations
Learning aims, objectives and outcomes
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain what mentoring is and how it can be used in personal and professional development
- Define roles and responsibilities within a mentoring relationship
- Demonstrate core mentoring skills such as questioning techniques and goal setting
- Utilise a recognised model of mentoring
- Provide mentoring in your own setting
- Highlight the importance of safety and supervision in mentoring and understand how to provide this or how to signpost to other more suitable resources or individuals
- Access a range of support resources for mentoring e.g. contracts, reflection templates, post course peer support
Who is this course for?
Paediatric trainees, SAS doctors and consultant paediatricians interested in developing their skills as mentors