7 Cannon Street
- RCPCH Member (Consultant) - £155
- RCPCH Member (Trainee and SAS doctor) - £145
- Non RCPCH Members - £205
Excellent course, very knowledgeable and experienced faculty.
The course provides a comprehensive overview of educational supervision including workshops on:
- supporting doctors in difficulty
- managing the able trainee
- careers advice
- constructive feedback
- reflective supervision.
Led by expert faculty, this study day is dynamic and interactive with ample opportunity for delegate participation and networking.
Learning aims, objectives and outcomes
This study day will develop your skills, knowledge and confidence as an effective educational supervisor and meets the GMC’s training requirements for supervisors.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- discuss the role and requirements of an educational supervisor and describe how this differs from clinical supervision
- prepare and conduct an effective educational supervision session for trainees
- identify examples of formative and summative assessment and outline the difference between these
- explain the role of RCPCH ePortfolio and RCPCH Progress Curriculum in the assessment of training
- assess trainees’ learning needs using the RCPCH assessment strategy
- apply an appropriate framework to conduct effective career discussions with trainees
- identify the trainee who is in difficulty and outline the support available to help trainees with poor performance
- identify the trainee who is excelling and provide appropriate educational, pastoral and professional support
- employ appropriate techniques for giving feedback constructively to trainees
- recognise the importance of reflective practice for educational supervisors.
- Paediatric trainees ST7 and ST8
- SAS doctors
- Consultant paediatricians
It is suitable for both current and aspiring educational supervisors, including those who require an update for revalidation.
Every doctor who is an educational supervisor should do this course, it provides the competency and confidence required to supervise and guide trainees appropriately.