The RCPCH is pleased to offer this course at a reduced rate. Please note the fees may be subject to change.
RCPCH member - Trainee as well as SAS Doctor, Nurses, AHPs: £105
RCPCH member - Consultant: £135
Non-RCPCH member: £190
This one-day course will be delivered online and will provide you with a comprehensive and up-to-date overview of educational supervision, focusing on:
- Recognising a trainee who needs support
- Gathering information to define a problem
- Benefits of longitudinal supervision
- Giving feedback
- Reflecting on your practice
The study day will develop your skills, knowledge and confidence as an effective educational supervisor and meets the GMC’s training requirements for supervisors.
Every doctor who is an educational supervisor should do this course, it provides the competency and confidence required to supervise and guide trainees appropriately.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Discuss the role and requirements of an educational supervisor, and describe how this differs from clinical supervision
- Prepare and conduct an effective educational supervision sessions for trainees
- Effectively employ a range of formative and summative RCPCH assessments.
- Evaluate evidence within the RCPCH ePortfolio to assess whether this meets the requirements of the relevant RCPCH Progress+ syllabus.
- Assess trainees’ learning needs using the RCPCH Progress+ curriculum and assessment strategy
- Identify when and why a doctor in training might benefit from support and how to provide support or access additional support.
- Employ appropriate techniques for giving feedback constructively to doctors in training.
- Recognise the importance of promoting reflective practice for both doctors in training and supervisors.
Really well structured. Good mix of delivery methods and speaker experience shone through.
It is suitable for both current and aspiring educational supervisors, including those who require an update for revalidation.
- Paediatric Trainees ST7 and ST8
- SAS doctors
- Consultant Paediatricians.
To participate in this online course, you will need access to:
- Windows or Mac Computer (laptop/desktop or tablet)
- An internet connection
- Microphone and speaker - either using the built-in microphone/speaker or a headset connected to your laptop/desktop or tablet
- Webcam - either using a built-in webcam or a separate webcam connected to your laptop/desktop or tablet.