7 Cannon Street
- RCPCH Member (Consultant) - £155
- RCPCH Member (Trainee and SAS doctor) - £145
- Non RCPCH Members - £205
Clearly knowledgeable faculty. All educational supervisors should do this course.
This study day will develop your skills in effectively assessing and supporting trainees throughout paediatric training and will further increase your expertise as an educational supervisor.
The course covers the following topics:
- RCPCH Progress curriculum
- The induction meeting
- Using assessment tools such as HAT, ACAT and LEADER
- Reflective practice
- Writing the Trainer’s report
Please note this course is run in addition to our Effective educational supervision (EES) courses, which meet the General Medical Council’s requirements for educational supervisors.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate how assessments blueprint to the RCPCH Progress Curriculum
- Effectively use the RCPCH assessment tools including HAT, ACAT, DOC and LEADER, and explain their role in assessing trainee’s progression
- Apply the assessment tools in practice to effectively support trainees through the training pathway
- Support a trainee to prepare SMART PDPs
- Support and encourage a trainee to reflect appropriately on their practice
- Prepare a useful and structured annual trainers report
- Paediatric trainees ST7 and ST8
- SAS doctors
- Consultant paediatricians