5-11 Theobalds Road
- RCPCH Members - Consultants - £190
- RCPCH Members - Trainees - £150
- SAS Doctors, Allied Health Professionals and Nurses - £150
- Non-RCPCH Members - £250
These prices are subject to change and may rise from September 2019. Register today to secure our lowest rates.
Do you have questions around managing advance care planning in paediatric palliative care? This course will help you identify a clinical pathway for advance care planning and outlines the current evidence base.
We will discuss and analyse cases studies and explore the legal and ethical aspects involved in this complex area of care. Through a mixture of lectures and interactive workshops, our expert faculty will demystify the documentation required for advance care planning and help you explore how you can cascade your learning within your workplace.
Course aim and learning outcomes
This study day will enable you to develop an approach to advance care planning in life-limited and life-threatened children and young people.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify a clinical pathway to start advance care planning for life-limited children
- Discuss the current evidence base underpinning advance care planning and implement evidence-based strategies in practice
- Demonstrate knowledge of the key legal aspects of advance care planning
- Identify specific legal principles of advance care planning and discuss these with families
- Assess the ethical implications and describe the ethical decision-making model of advance care planning
- Effectively use the documentation required for advance care planning and outline the purpose / use of these documents
- Cascade your learning and updates on advance care planning within your Trust and local networks.
- Paediatric trainees
- Pain medicine trainees
- SAS doctors
- Consultant paediatricians
- Allied Health Professionals and nurses