5-11 Theobalds Road
- RCPCH members - consultants - £190
- Trainees and SAS doctors - £150
- Allied Health Professionals and nurses -£150
- Non-RCPCH members - £250
A third of children are obese or overweight in the UK, with the prevalence of severe obesity reaching nearly 5% in secondary school. It is strongly correlated with deprivation. General and specialty clinics alike now see large numbers of children where obesity is a contributing factor to their presentation. How do you broach this subject with children and families?
Our expert faculty will provide you with guidance on how to approach the overweight child, from epidemiology, to basic science and clinical application. We’ll also cover safeguarding, sleep, psychology and bariatric surgery in children.
Course aim and learning outcomes
This study day will enable you to develop an approach for the management of childhood obesity.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- identify the determinants and consequences of obesity
- describe a framework for the medical and multidisciplinary management of the overweight child
- explain the early life determinants of obesity
- discuss the public health role in the management of obesity.
- Paediatric trainees
- SAS doctors
- Consultant paediatricians
- Allied Health Professionals
- General Practitioners