The RCPCH is pleased to offer this course at a reduced, introductory rate. Please note the fees may be subject to change.
RCPCH Member: Consultants - £95
RCPCH Member: Trainees and SAS doctors - £85
Allied Health Professionals and Nurses - £85
Non-RCPCH Members - £125
Benign haematological disorders are an increasingly common paediatric health issue in the UK. During our one-day course, our expert faculty will explore benign haematological conditions such as sickle cell disease, thrombocytopenia, thalassaemia and thrombosis. We’ll equip you with the knowledge and skills to recognise normal and abnormal neonatal haematology and discuss the management of children with abnormal bleeding, bruising and clotting and unexplained low neutrophil counts.
This study day will help you develop an approach for the management of benign haematological problems.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Investigate and diagnose common benign paediatric haematology problems in children
- Describe normal and abnormal neonatal haematology
- Outline the treatment options for children with acquired and inherited anaemias including iron deficiency, thalassaemia, and sickle cell disease
- Discuss the investigation and management of immune thrombocytopenic purpura
- Describe the investigation and principles of management of children with abnormal blood clotting, including children with bruising, abnormal bleeding and thrombosis
- Develop an approach to investigating and managing children with unexplained low neutrophil counts
- Paediatric trainees
- SAS doctors
- Newly qualified consultants
- General paediatricians
- Community paediatricians
- AHPs with an interest in haematology
Excellent, informative course with expert speakers
To participate in this online course, you will need access to:
- Windows or Mac Computer (laptop/desktop or tablet)
- An internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE). Minimum bandwidth is 600kbps (up/down) and recommended is 1.5 Mbps (up/down)
- Microphone and speaker - either using the built-in microphone/speaker or a headset connected to your laptop/desktop or tablet
- Webcam - either using the built-in webcam or separate webcam connected to your laptop/desktop or tablet.
Please note you will be required to download Zoom in order to participate fully in this course.