5-11 Theobalds Road
- RCPCH Members - Consultants - £190
- RCPCH Members - Trainees - £150
- SAS Doctors, Associated Health Professionals and Nurses - £150
- Non-RCPCH Members - £250
These prices are subject to change and may rise from September 2019. Register today to secure our lowest rates.
An essential day for paediatricians- fantastic content and great speakers- great to see a solution focused approach to these patients
Mental health issues affect about 1 in 10 children and young people. Supporting the emotional well-being of these children and young people is an essential and complex area of care.
This course will help you increase your knowledge and understanding of how community paediatrics can support children and young people with a wide range of emotional and behavioural problems.
Through a mixture of lectures and interactive workshops, our expert faculty will explore topics such as:
- managing challenging behaviour
- having difficult conversations
- attachment in childhood
- neurodevelopmental disorders and mental health
- promoting mental health in our communities.
This study day will enable you to effectively support children and young people with emotional and behavioural difficulties.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- describe the role of the community paediatrician in safeguarding and promoting the mental health of all children and young people
- advise on behavioural difficulties to parents and young people
- develop strategies and skills to engage parents of children with emotional or mental health difficulties
- enquire about and detect mental health problems in children and young people with neurodevelopmental problems
- discuss the use of formulation vs diagnosis in assessing mental health difficulties.
- Paediatric trainees
- SAS doctors
- Consultant community paediatricians
- Paediatricians with an interest in community paediatrics or mental health
- AHPs working in community paediatrics or mental health
Very interesting content presented by expert speakers. I feel much more confident. Thank you!