5-11 Theobalds Road
- RCPCH Member - £190
- RCPCH Member - Trainee- £150
- AHPs, SAS Doctors, and Nurses- £150
- Non-Member- £250
If you wish to pay by invoice please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is the second of the series of three study days focusing on the practical clinical management of paediatric allergy. To gain the full benefit from this unique series, we advise delegates to begin with PAT 1 and work through to PAT 3. The series will cover increasing complexity in allergy management through the days.
Learning aims, objectives and outcomes
The PAT course provide healthcare professionals with the knowledge and skills required to effectively manage children with common and complex food allergies and their comorbid allergic conditions.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Take an allergy focused clinical history to interpret skin prick test results
- Explain common allergy problems, skin prick tests and underlying disease mechanisms
- Describe routine and preventative management of food allergy and common allergic conditions
- Explore differential diagnosis and management of other causes of an unsettled child
- Discuss the issues involved in home reintroduction and when this is appropriate
- Signpost patients to online resources
- Describe how the multi-disciplinary team can contribute to clinical practice
Suitable for a wide audience but will be of particular interest for general or community paediatric trainees who are developing a special interest in allergy and for consultant paediatricians who are already seeing cases within their practice and/or managing allergy clinics.
This course is fully booked