Please note: This is a virtual course, facilitated online via Zoom.
If you have a confirmed place in the November 2020 exams and would like to join the waiting list for this course, please email our Events team (quoting your RCPCH number) at email@example.com
Fixed fee - £300
You will receive highly specialised advice and practice in:
- Clinical and presentation skills
- Child development
- History taking
The teaching faculty is comprised of highly experienced paediatricians. This elite team will help you to have a better grasp of the assessment criteria as well as identifying and articulating the skills needed to succeed at each station. It will also address areas of practice you may find difficult, such as how to have a difficult conversation with a parent.
The course is highly interactive with workshops, small group work, discussions and role play with professional actors. This course also provides a safe learning environment to encourage you to ask questions and share good practice with others preparing for the exam.
To help your learning you will be required to complete the online activities ahead of attending the course.
My apprehension about the MRCPCH clinical examination has reduced to a great extent.
To equip paediatric trainees with the knowledge and skills to succeed in the MRCPCH Clinical exam.
By the end of this course you will:
- Be fully aware of the exam format and what to expect in their assessment on the various stations
- Have developed a clear understanding and familiarity of the assessment criteria and its application in the exam
- Have a clearer understanding of what is required to pass each station through knowledge of the assessment criteria
- Understand the common pitfalls and how to avoid them.
- Be able to reflect on the content, knowledge and further revision needed to ensure success in the MRCPCH Clinical exam
MRCPCH Clinical exam candidates preparing for the November 2020 exam.
I have a better awareness of my weaker areas and will focus my revision on these
- Windows or Mac Computer (laptop/desktop or tablet)
- An internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE). Minimum bandwidth is 600kbps (up/down) and recommended is 1.5 Mbps (up/down)
- Microphone and speaker - either using:
- the built-in microphone/speaker
- a headset connected to your laptop/desktop or tablet
- Webcam - either using:
- the built-in webcam
- separate webcam connected to your laptop/desktop or tablet