5-11 Theobalds Road
Paediatric trainees - £250
This course is now fully booked. If you would like to join the waiting list please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will receive highly specialised advice and practice in:
- Clinical and presentation skills
- Child development
- History taking
The teaching faculty is comprised of highly experienced paediatricians. This elite team will help you to have a better grasp of the assessment criteria as well identify and articulate the skills needed to succeed at each station. It will also ally any fears you have, such as dealing with an uncooperative patient.
The course is highly interactive with workshops, small group work, discussions and role play with professional actors. This course also provides a safe learning environment to encourage you to ask questions and share good practice with others preparing for the exam.
To help your learning you will be required to watch the pre-course presentations and complete other assignments online ahead of attending the course.
Learning aims, objectives and outcomes
- Be fully aware of the exam format and what to expect in their assessment on the various stations
- Have developed a clear understanding and familiarity of the assessment criteria and its application in the exam
- Have a clearer understanding of what is required to pass each station through knowledge of the assessment criteria
- Understand the evidence-based pitfalls and how to avoid them.
- Be able to reflect on the content, knowledge and revision needed to ensure success in the MRCPCH Clinical exam
MRCPCH Clinical exam candidates preparing for the exam.
The key point I learnt from the course is it makes you think of the exam as a normal work day.
Thank you for having the role play team there - very useful.
I now know where to focus and how to approach my revision.
It’s great to have experienced paediatricians, who are up to date with what is required to pass each station.