5-11 Theobalds Road
Fee - £300
This blended one-day course has been designed specifically to help delegates tackle the areas that previous candidates have found the most difficult. These include topics such as:
- Statistics for the paediatrician
- Embryology in clinical practice
- Lung function interpretation
- Neuroanatomy for the forgetful
Delegates will be given access to 15 video lectures prior to attending the course, which then provides the faculty (led by Dr Will Carroll) the opportunity to focus on individuals' questions and concerns in small, less intimidating groups.
For this reason, delegates are strongly encouraged to have viewed the video lectures prior to attending the course.
The teaching faculty, which is comprised of highly experienced MRCPCH Theory lecturers with a passion and enthusiasm for basic science, will focus on exam technique and help increase your confidence by working through exam-style questions.
The examiners were really passionate about their topics and, personally, that was more credible and transferable than anything else I could take away (and I took away a lot!).
Learning aims, objectives and outcomes
By the end of each course, delegates should:
- understand what most candidates find difficult and know how to tackle these areas of knowledge in the exam
- know more science and understand how this can be applied to patient care
- know where to access useful resources to support knowledge and revision.
MRCPCH Theory & Science exam candidates preparing for the February 2019 exam.
I found the recorded lectures very useful, especially as I could go through them at my own pace, and stop and start where required.