The course content is focused purely on English and Welsh law.
Please note: this course is held online, via Zoom.
This course is now fully booked.
The course times are in BST (British Summer Time).
- Trainees – £270
- RCPCH members – £300
- RCPCH non-members – £395
We are pleased to be working with Bond Solon, the UK's leading legal training and information company specifically for non-lawyers, in delivering this highly interactive, practical course which has been specifically developed for paediatricians.
You will learn how to use your records and notes to gather evidence on which to base statements and reports including what kind of information is deemed admissible.
You'll also find out more about the formalities (and where relevant, rules) that govern statements and reports, and the structures of effective statements and reports including layout, style, terminology and use of imagery.
In addition, you will have the opportunity to develop an objective and critical eye for evidence by assessing statements and reports, and receiving feedback on your analysis to help improve your own skills.
The activities were well thought through and worked in a virtual setting, giving a good experience that was easy to learn from. There was a lot to learn in a non-judgmental and friendly environment and all participants were engaged
To equip paediatricians involved in child protection cases with the skills to produce accurate reports that ensure the best possible outcomes for the child.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Identify the issues and the factual information from your records and notes relevant for inclusion in professional statements and reports
- Describe the requirements for professional statements and reports in terms of specifications determined by the different court systems, and appropriate format and language
- Produce professional witness reports that can be used to settle child protection cases or as a basis for giving oral evidence
Really knowledgeable instructor with a wealth of experience and useful information to pass on. Very clear, detailed and appropriate for our learning. Excellent presenting style
- Paediatric trainees ST6-8
- SAS doctors
- Consultant paediatricians
The single best day of study leave I have ever attended - excellent delivery of knowledge in a relevant and memorable way. Thank you!
Target audience only
- Windows or Mac computer (laptop/desktop or tablet)
- An internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE). Minimum bandwidth is 600kbps (up/down) and recommended is 1.5 Mbps (up/down)
- Microphone and speaker
- either using the built-in microphone/speaker
- or headset connected to your laptop/desktop or tablet
- either using the built-in webcam
- or separate webcam connected to your laptop/desktop or tablet