Free of charge
About this webinar
This is a companion webinar to the Paediatric Care Online (PCO UK) Key Practice Points topic of urinary tract infection (UTIs) in infants, children and young people.
In this webinar, Dr Arindam Das and Dr Job Cyriac will provide a basic overview and background to UTIs in infants, children and young people, as well as drill down to specific topics such as dysuria and enuresis.
These two topics are featured in the A-Z list of KPPs within PCO UK (dysuria and enuresis), and provide all healthcare professionals who see children and young people at the point of care with detailed, yet comprehensive, guide to the signs, symptoms and critical care situations of these conditions.
By the end of this webinar, delegates will:
- Have an increased knowledge on how to risk-stratify UTI in ICYP
- Understand the natural history of UTI and how this affects referral and management
- Have an increased awareness of treatment options for UTIs requiring treatment
- Anticipate some of the challenges in differentiating between conditions which share similar signs or symptoms
- Access relevant sources of information and advice
- Have a teaching material in audio formation to cater for different learning styles
The target audience for this webinar is:
- Non-paediatric F2 trainees
- Paediatric ST1-3 trainees
- Health visitors
- Other relevant allied health professionals
Dr Arindam Das is a consultant paediatrician who specialises in paediatric gastroenterology, paediatric allergy and neonatology. Dr Das did his speciality training in East of England deanery. He has conducted enuresis clinics in the community.
Dr Job Cyriac is a consultant paediatrician who specialises in paediatric cardiology, paediatric nephrology and neonatology. Dr Cyriac trained as specialist registrar in paediatrics at the Wessex Deanery, and has specialist training in paediatric cardiology and nephrology from Southampton University Hospital NHS Trust.