Dental health is of paramount importance to children with CHD to ensure they are not at risk of infective endocarditis and also prevent possible delays to their cardiac surgery due to unmet dental disease. In this webinar, Mina Vaidyanathan and Joanna May will discuss the importance of oral health as part of general health in this high-risk patient group and detail of the multidisciplinary work and the role of the dental team.
Free to attend
- To understand the importance of oral health in children with CHD
- To be aware of the advice that should be given to this group and resources available
- To be aware of the national consultants in Paediatric Dentistry Clinical excellence network and who are the representatives in the different regions.
- Mina Vaidyanathan- Consultant in Paediatric Dentistry, Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust, National Chair- Consultants in Paediatric Dentistry Cardiac clinical excellence network.
- Joanna May- Consultant in Paediatric Dentistry Alder Hey Children’s Hospital, Secretary Consultants in Paediatric Dentistry Cardiac clinical excellence network.
- General Paediatricians
- Paediatric trainees
- Community Paediatricians
- Paediatric Endocrinologists
- Midwives and Health Visitors
- GPs & GP trainees
- Public Health doctors
- Orthopaedic surgeons
It is also suitable for an international audience, with caveats on data (which is UK & Ireland) and treatment approaches that will be most relevant to the UK context