Free to access
The RCPCH is represented on the Department of Health ‘Oral Health Improvement Board' which aims to put child oral health on everyone’s agenda, and ensure that:
- early years and dental work force have access to evidence based oral health improvement training
- oral health data and information are used to the best effect by all key stakeholders
- child oral health improvement information is communicated effectively, with an overarching context of reducing health inequalities.
By the end of the webinar, attendees will:
- understand the issue of dental caries at a population and patient level
- understand the key messages for delivering better oral health
- have an awareness of professional interventions being carried out throughout the UK
- understand the role of paediatricians in encouraging good oral health in children and young people.
Dr Elizabeth O’Sullivan is a Consultant in Paediatric Dentistry working in the Community Dental Service in Hull and East Riding and Leeds Dental Institute. She is interested in developing excellence in local dental services for children, training the next generation of paediatric dentists and has a special interest in dental erosion.
Mrs Lucy Brown is a Specialty Registrar and Academic Clinical Fellow in Paediatric Dentistry and works both in a hospital and community setting. She is interested in patient pathways and general anaesthesia for paediatric dental patients.
This webinar is suitable for any health professional (GPs, paediatricians, health visitors, school nurses etc) who may need to provide advice for families.
The webinar is aimed at a UK audience.