This unit from the British Paediatric Neurology Association provides an introduction to the growing area of genetics. It will enable you to understand the genetic bases of many of the neurological diseases of childhood which you will encounter throughout the distance learning course in paediatric neurology, and throughout your career as a clinician practising paediatric neurology.
The content of the online course is the following:
- Section 1 - Introduction to clinical genetics
- Section 2 - Patterns of inheritance
- Section 3 - DNA
- Section 4 - Chromosomal disorders
- Section 5 - Dysmorphology
- Section 6 - Prenatal diagnosis, pre implantation genetic diagnosis, diagnostic and pre-symptomatic genetic testing in children
The design, content and management of specialty group courses are the responsibility of the individual specialty groups.