Neurodevelopment, neuropsychology and neuropsychiatry is a new unit from the British Paediatric Neurology Association, combining the previous development and learning unit with the psychiatry unit.
The design, content and management of these courses are the responsibility of the individual specialty groups.
This new unit is aimed at paediatric neurologists, trainees, paediatricians and community paediatricians.
- Section 1 – Normal development of the central nervous system after birth
- Section 2 – Cellular Mechanisms of Learning
- Section 3 – Experience, Learning and Brain Plasticity
- Section 4 – Developmental Assessment
- Section 5 – Speech and Language Development
- Section 6 – Speech and Language Impairments
- Section 7 - Developmental Co-ordination Disorder and Dyspraxia
- Section 8 – Intellectual Disability
- Section 9 – Specific learning difficulties
- Section 10 – Cognitive Function
- Section 11 – Neuropsychology
- Section 12 – Psychiatric classification & formulation
- Section 13 – Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Section 14 – The confused child
- Section 15 – The overactive child
- Section 16- The sad child
- Section 17 - Illness behaviour and somatoform disorders
- Section 18 – Neurodevelopmental Movement Disorders: Tics, Tourettes & Motor Stereoptyies