The overall aim of this unit from the British Paediatric Neurology Association is to provide you with an understanding of the physiological basis of seizure disorders and their epidemiology, along with the detailed clinical knowledge necessary to manage children with seizure disorders to an advanced (tertiary) level.
The design, content and management of these courses are the responsibility of the individual specialty groups.
This unit complements and expands upon the BPNA Paediatric Epilepsy Training (PET) face-to-face courses.
- Section 1 – Definitions
- Section 2 – Neurobiology
- Section 3 – Neonatal Seizures
- Section 4 – Epilepsies presenting in infancy
- Section 5 - Epilepsies presenting in childhood
- Section 6 – Epilepsies presenting in adolescence
- Section 7 - Status Epilepticus
- Section 8 - Psychogenic non-epileptic seizures
- Section 9 – EEG Investigations
- Section 10 – Neuroimaging investigations
- Section 11 – Other investigations
- Section 12 – Treatment: Drug
- Section 13 – Treatment: Surgical
- Section 14 – Treatment: Ketogenic diet
- Section 15 – Treatment: VNS & Neuromodulation
- Section 16 - Epidemiology