The design, content and management of these courses are the responsibility of the individual specialty groups.
Infection processes are examined in detail to develop an in depth knowledge of meningitis, encephalitis, brain abscess as well as sections on specific pathogens which may be less common but very important including TB, HIV and prions.
Prevention is better than cure so finally an overview considers immunisation, infection control and public health measures to prevent CNS related infection.
- Section 1 – Immunological and inflammatory response in the nervous system
- Section 2 – Bacterial Meningitis
- Section 3 – Focal Infections
- Section 4 – Tuberculosis and Fungal Infections of the CNS
- Section 5 – Encephalitis / Viral Meningitis
- Section 6 – Human Immunodeficiency Virus
- Section 7 – Transmissible Spongiform Encephalopathy
- Section 8 – Unusual and Tropical Infections
- Section 9 – Immunodeficiency (non-HIV)
- Section 10 – Demyelinating disorders of the CNS
- Section 11 – Autoimmunity and the Brain
- Section 12 – Prevention of Infection
- Section 13 – Therapeutic strategies in CNS inflammatory disorders