Children's Headache Training (CHaT) has been designed to improve knowledge and skills amongst health professionals who care for children and young people with headache.
Great Ormond Street Hospital
PGME Weston House
Specialty groups' course design, content and management are the responsibility of the individual specialty groups.
- Take a headache-focussed history and undertake a relevant examination
- Classify headache based on this information alone (reducing reliance on investigation)
- Learn about pathophysiology of headache
- Know which elements of the history/examination mandate brain imaging or other tests
- Diagnose and manage migraine, migraine variants and other primary headache types
- Diagnose secondary headaches and take initial steps in their management