You also need to be an RCPCH member, and you can apply for membership and training at the same time.
We ensure that your training is under regular review, and support you when required. We need to maintain records on your progression through your training and monitor the outcomes of your Annual Review of Competence Progression (ARCP).
Who is this for? (in the UK only)
You must register for training if you are:
- in paediatric specialty training, or
- a SpR (Calman trainee) and have reached your CCT (certificate of completion of training) on or after 31 August 2015.
You do not need to register for training - but we encourage this so you can use our assessment tools to record your progression - if you are:
- a paediatric trainee in a LAT (locum appointed for training) post, or
- considering applying to specialty training in the future.
How to register
To be registered for training, you also need to be an RCPCH member. There are different membership categories, and you can use our wizard to find yours and then apply online.
Annual training fees (2018)
|Trainee - full time working||£217|
|Trainee - less than full time working||£130|
|Other role - full time working||£112|
|Other role - less than full time working||£69|
- Membership fees are an additional cost. You can find this information on each membership type page.
- Total training fees for the full period (to CCT) are capped at £1,300
- You will need to complete RCPCHStart, our assessment, in level three of your training. This cost is spread over your annual training fees to lessen the financial burden.
Telephone: 020 7092 6000 (ask for the Training Services Team)