Bute Park Education Centre
Free for all Paediatricians and Engagement Collaborative members / Voluntary and Community Sector
Through the course you will develop knowledge, skills and understanding of how to successfully engage children and young people across your service. Trainers will provide practical tips, hints and resources useful for all roles - whether you have a primary engagement role or working as part of a collaborative team.
Knowledge of key legislation and best practice frameworks will be shared by trainers with direct experience of delivering engagement in the field. The trainers have extensive experience of engaging with children and young people and those from harder to reach groups in the community.
RCPCH &Us staff will also be available at the course to share resources, links and offer advice on children and young people's engagement within the College.
Learning aims, objectives and outcomes
- Clarification of what engagement is
- Identify key organisational and personal barriers to successful engagement and strategies to address them
- Exploration of different engagement methodologies and tools including use of digital engagement methods and social media and when to use which approach
- Understanding of how to build and develop engagement networks
- Understanding the importance of identifying and targeting key motivators and how to use both intrinsic and extrinsic motivators
- Identifying harder to reach groups and developing strategies for engaging them
- Exploration of different core archetypes of participation and how they can be used to build a menu of participation opportunities
- The presentation of a strategic planning process and template and how this can be used
- Exploration of the stages and phases of engagement from strategic plan, to operational plan to delivery and evaluation.
- Key features of engagement delivery phase including how to effectively track progress